Students at the RheinAhrCampus Remagen of Koblenz University of Applied Sciences automatically receive the Semesterticket Remagen upon immatriculation or re-registration and can thus use the local public transport services in parts of the Verkehrsverbund Rhein-Mosel (VRM) as well as in parts of the Verkehrsverbund Rhein-Sieg (VRS) without time restrictions.
Validation of the student card
Please make sure that you have your student ID validated in time for the semester change. The semester ticket is only valid if the student ID contains a stamp (validation) for the current semester. Validation on campus is also possible if the semester takes place online due to the pandemic.
Area of validity
Area of validity in the VRM:
Within the VRM, the Semesterticket Remagen is valid from Remagen on local trains in 2nd class on the following rail routes:
Left side of the river Rhine:
- Heading south to Koblenz Hbf (Attention: The area of validity ends in Koblenz Hbf, the bus lines in the city area of Koblenz are not included).
- Heading north to Cologne (all stations)
- Heading west (Ahrtal line) to Ahrbrück Bf
Right side of the river Rhine:
- from Linz (Rhein) Bf northbound to Cologne (all stations)
- Left side of the river Rhine (Ahrweiler district): Bus routes 800, 802, 827-834, 837-844, 846-854, 869
- Right side of the river Rhine: Bus line 565 (Linz - Bad Honnef)
Ferry connection: Remagen-Kripp/Linz (Rhine)
Area of validity in the VRS:
Within the VRS, the Semesterticket Remagen is valid on local trains in 2nd class on the following rail routes:
- Left side of the river Rhine: between Koblenz Hbf and Cologne (all stations)
- Right side of the river Rhine: between Linz (Rhein) Bf and Cologne (all stations)
In the following cities and communities of the VRS, all means of local transport can be used without restriction:
- Sankt Augustin
- Bad Honnef
Special regulation for the rest of the VRS area:
Students who live in the rest of the VRS area can use the Semesterticket Remagen in these towns and communities for direct journeys into the area of validity of the Semesterticket Remagen or back. Students would have to prove their place of residence at a ticket check by means of an identity card or certificate of registration.
More information and details about the Semesterticket Remagen:
In the VRM area, you can take a bicycle on buses and trains free of charge. On the Rhine ferry Remagen-Kripp/Linz, you can even take a car, motorbike or bicycle free of charge. In the VRS area, on the other hand, you have to buy a single or 4-trip ticket (price level 1b/2a) to take your bike with you.
All further details:
- Area of validity of Semestertickets Remagen
- Tariff regulations Semestertickets Remagen
- Info on the VRM website
Phone: 0261 287-1100