"The Studierendenwerke have the task of providing students with social care as well as economic and cultural support." - This is how the State Higher Education Act defines the responsibilities of the student unions, which are organised as institutions under public law.
The Studierendenwerk Koblenz operates in these business areas:
- University catering in canteens and cafeterias
- Construction and management of student housing
- Arrangement of private housing
- Support with student financing
- Advice for students
- Child care in our three-day care centres
- Supervision and support of international students
- Support for student cultural activities
- Other services (e.g. removal van and stage hire)
The Studierendenwerk finances its services mainly through the following sources of income:
- Its own income (e.g. service fees from canteens/cafeterias, residential facilities)
- Social contributions from students
- Grants from the state of Rheinland-Pfalz
The Studierendenwerk has two bodies, the administrative board and the executive director. The executive director is responsible for the day-to-day business and represents the Studierendenwerk externally. The Administrative Board advises and decides on all matters of fundamental importance.
Further information on the Studierendenwerk Koblenz can also be found in the annual report.